If you’re looking for fun ideas for making hamentashen to celebrate Purim I have some super simple. easy, delicious and creative ideas to make hamentashen with kids for Purim! And check out the other videos in this awesome collab: Little Kosher Lunch – ECO-FRIENDLY PURIM FOOD GIFT BASKETS https://youtu.be/ao_ZQGpUHpE Erica Terry DIY KIDS PURIM COSTUMES https://youtu.be/OVJzBYI_51c Life to the Fullest – 10 IDEAS FOR MISHLOACH MANOT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxeoq… Everyday Jewish Mom MISHLOACH MANOT FOR MOM FRIENDS https://youtu.be/HtWzS_n60Y4 #Purim #Hamentashen #KosherRecipe
This is my best ever recipe for hamentashen for the Jewish holiday of Purim! They are super easy and simple to make and taste delicious every time!! If you are looking for the best hamentashen recipe to bake this year TRY THIS ONE!
This recipe is originally from a blog called NotDerbyPie that is unfortunately no longer updated!
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 cups (+extra for rolling out dough) flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar about 1 minute.
- Add egg, vanilla and the zest of a half a lemon and mix for another minute.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, salt, and 2 cups of the flour.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Gather dough into a flat disk, use extra flour on your hands to make sure the dough is not sticky. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle working surface with flour, and roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- Use a circle cookie cutter (about 2-3 inch. in size) to cut circles in the dough.
- Lift each circle off the surface and place on baking sheet.
- Drop about a tsp. of filling onto each circle.
- Pinch the circle into a three cornered triangle. Use water on your fingertips if the dough isn’t sticking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees, until the edges just start to brown.
This is the BEST hamentashenrecipe for Purim and Mishloach Manot! This is how to make hamentashen (also called hamentaschen or oznei haman) and how to make RAINBOW hamentashen!! It is delicious simple and so much fun to make!