From conception to birth, Expecting Jewish! is the best resource for practical advice and helpful insight on preparing for motherhood from a Jewish perspective. Covering everything from the essentials of bris and baby-name planning to the mysticism of the mikvah, Expecting Jewish! is a guide for infusing Jewish customs and wisdom into each stage of the parenthood journey, from conception to the newborn days.
Expecting Jewish! doesn’t shy away from the most important conversations including genetic testing, infertility, miscarriage and pregnancy loss – and most importantly how Judaism can be a blessing throughout these difficult journeys.
Building on the Jewish value of inclusion the book also provides essential resources for interfaith couples, conversion and adoption!
The book shares an unfiltered perspective on what new parents can really expect during this stage of life, with advice from real moms who have lived through it. The book also includes interviews from prominent rabbis, Jewish thought leaders and social media game-changes who offer their own insights into what’s trending and what’s changing for Jewish women today when it comes to motherhood.
Expecting Jewish! is being published by Ben Yehuda Press
Here’s what you can expect to find in Expecting Jewish!
- How to choose a Hebrew or Jewish baby name?
- How to plan a Bris or Baby naming
- Sacred kosher sex!
- Infertility, miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Genetic testing
- Jewish adoption – Welcoming all children into our home
- The Jewish conversion process
- Spiritual birth plan and first blessings
- Healing and postpartum health
- Jewish nursery ideas and bedtime blessings
The book includes interviews from the following leaders in the Jewish community:
- Maharat Ruth Balinsky Friedman, Ohev Shalom Synagogue, Washington, D.C.
- Rabbi Nina Beth Cardin
- Rabbi Sara Brandes, Executive Director at the Or HaLev: Center for Jewish Spirituality and Meditation; Shechinah Counsel, At the Well
- Gila Block, Executive Director and Co-Founder of Yesh Tikva
- Carrie Bornstein, Executive Director, Mayyim Hayyim
- Rabbi Jaclyn Cohen, Temple Isaiah, West Los Angeles
- Dalia Davis, President, Uprooted: A Jewish Response to Fertility Journeys
- Anita Diamant, Author
- Elana Frank, Executive Director and Founder of the Jewish Fertility Foundation
- Rabbi Dara Frimmer, Temple Isaiah, West Los Angeles
- Dr. Jayne Guberman & Jenny Sartori, co-Directors of the Adoption & Jewish Identity Project
- Rabbi Danielle Gobuty Eskow, President and Founder of OnlineJewishLearning.com
- Rabbi and Doula Denise Handlarski of SecularSyngagogue.com
- Hillary Kener, Director, National Outreach and Marketing at JScreen
- Na’amah Wendy Kenin, the founding doula of Imeinu Doulas and Jewish Birth Collective
- Joel Kushner, Director, Kalsman Institute on Judaism and Health
- Dr. Lori Lefkovitz, PhD, Ruderman Professor of Jewish Studies and Humanities Center Director at Northeastern University
- Rabbi Naomi Levy
- Rabbi Myrna Matsa
- Rabbi Idit Solomon, Founder and CEO of Hasidah
- Rabbi Shira Stutman, Senior Rabbi, Sixth and I Synagogue Washington, D.C.
- Sarah Waxman, Founder, At The Well
- Rabbi Stuart Weinblatt, Temple Bnai Tzedek, Potomac Maryland
…and interviews with more than 50 real Jewish moms who have been through it all!
About the Author:
Marion Haberman is the writer and content creator for the internet’s most popular YouTube channel focused on being a Jewish mom. With over 4 million total views on her channel and Instagram @MyJewishMommyLife page Marion shares her experiences as a mother focused on living a meaning-FULL Jewish family life. Her award winning social media platform is a unique community full of lifestyle inspiration, Jewish family home ideas and conscious parenting advice.